Subscribe to Email Updates


Enter your email address:   

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Personal Experience on Negativity, Optimism, and Positive Affirmation

I have a personal experience that relates to the article written in the last post, having to do with a negative thinker (the pessimistic individual), a positive thinker (the optimistic individual), and the situations surrounding them.


Years ago, before I knew anything about the Law of Attraction, I was a very negative thinker. I had no idea that negative thinking would actually degrade my well-being, much-less attract the bad things over and over again. Anyway, the Law of Attraction was working and I always seemed to be “that guy”. I was constantly running into bad situation after bad situation and I wondered why. My best friend at the time is probably one of the most optimistic people I know. I know he didn't know anything about the Law of Attraction or anything like that, but his personality was just that of a positive thinker and he unknowingly gave himself positive affirmations whenever a bad situation would arise.


For example, if we heard some bad news at work, he would constantly point out all of the good things about the situation, which always made the situation seem much better than it really was. Anyway, I didn't put too much thought into his way of thinking at the time, and although I was the one that all the bad things happened to, and everything seemed to always fall into place for him, I just thought it was pure “luck” and I got the short end of the stick.


The moral of the story is that he was optimistic; I was pessimistic. He got his way most of the time; I didn't. Do you see a correlation between the two ways of thinking and how affirmations come into play in that scenario? That is a real-life example of how positive affirmations, positive thinking/optimism can have a significant impact on what you attract into your life.


And for the record, I am a positive thinker now, and am not nearly as “unlucky” as I was back then.


For more information and product reviews on the Law of Attraction, check out this Squidoo lens: The Law of Attraction.


Everyone should understand that there is more to the Secret Law of Attraction than the things that are simple and obvious. For a great product that explains every aspect of the Law of Attraction, and explains the things that hinder or boost its effectiveness in your life, check out: Science of Being Secrets. It is designed to work for even those who have tried seemingly hundreds of self-development programs.


Click here for more information on the Science of Being Secrets.